Animal Foster Application
Aloha! We appreciate your interest in fostering an animal from the Oahu SPCA.
Our animals have been rescued from living on the streets and are in desperate need of the extra special care and love that can be given to them by you as a Foster parent. Taking one of these animals into your home for a period of a few days, weeks, or months can be a lifesaving gift to them. And it will benefit the shelter by freeing up badly-needed kennel space for other animals.
Our Foster Program is divided into two levels:
- The Foster level gives you the chance to give a temporary home to an animal until he/she is adopted.
- The Foster-to-Adopt level gives you the chance to foster an animal with the intent of adopting him/her.
To be considered as a Foster Parent, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Have identification showing your present address
- Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord
- Willing to participate actively in the foster program according to their level of fostering.
- Be able and willing to spend the time necessary to provide medical treatment and proper care for your animal.
This form uses a responsive system that asks questions based on previous input. It may seem very detailed and it is. We place the needs of our animals first and we’re very serious about matching our animals with the right foster parent(s). Mahalo for caring enough about our four-footed friends to foster one of them. It will be an experience you will never forget!
*Please note that Completion of this form does not guarantee acceptance as a foster home / parent. After submitting this form to the Oahu SPCA, a representative will consult with you. This is necessary in order to match the right animal to you for fostering. So, please fill out the following information as completely as possible.